Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Fish Spa at Kampong Therapy

If you remember, I posted in my blog previously that I will be going for fish spa ALONE.... Well.. Here's the update...


Apparently, i got this free hand or feet fish spa therapy from Tangs as a birthday treat at Kampong Therapy... Usual price would have cost $28.90 (Hand) or $38.90 (Feet) for a 30 minute session. Knowing that my friends will freak out at the cost and not go with me, I decided to try it out on my own. (Other places such as Qian Hu only charges $10 and Nibbles $15 if you take package).

Surprisingly, the place is rather near Novena MRT station. Even though the address sounded ulu... Thomson Road, Novena Ville).. It is actually 5 to 10 minutes walk from the station. You need to cross an overhead bridge to get there.

I like the interior of the place. It was set up on a kampong theme basis.. Rather nice in concept. The service provided by the staff were very good too... They were very professional and keep checking if you are okay... If not for the price, I would love to go back again... Even for packages, it would cost around $28 per session after all the discounts...

Before going to the pool itself, our legs and heels were checked for any open wounds. Guests with wounds on the feet were not be allowed to take part in the fish spa. This is to protect other users and the user himself/ herself. Continuing to dip in the pool will only aggravate the wounds on the feet when nibbled by the fishes..




Okay, feet checking cleared. Please disinfect your feet first.



Good. You may now start to dip your leg into the pool...

I was rather jittery at first as the moment I put in my feet, all the fishes started gushing towards me... Its rather scary.... The first 5 minutes, another girl and I just keep laughing as its really ticklish... The staff encouraged us to relax. They also suggested that we start with our heels first. They told us that as this is our first time trying this out, we might not feel comfortable at first.

The fishes excitedly jump out of the water and kept nibbling on our feet when we tried lifting our heels from the water... Slowly, I start to relax and dip the whole feet in again... The sight was rather scary... As my leg was filled with lots of black fishes around it... The other couple had much lesser... It must be due to the amount of dead skin chalked up on my feet over the years... haha...

As the time slipped by.. I am getting more and more comfortable... You feel so good... Midway, the staff even got us to take our feet out for some scrubbing to loosen the dead skin so that the fish could nibble on our feet better. They also told us to try opening in between our toes so that the fishes could nibble the dead skin in there. (In between toes are the hardest area to clear of dead skin..).

According to the staff, fish spa is a good form of therapy for blood circulation and could cure skin disease.. I am not sure how true is that, but the nibbling does send some sensation through you... I was also informed that our dead skin is a form of food for the fishes... which seems quite true though... Cos as we approach the end of the session, the number of fishes surrounding our legs seem to decrease... 2 reasons... They are either full liaoz.. or not much dead skin left to eat liaoz.. hahaha...
After the 30 minutes, you dont feel like sticking your leg out of the water... The nibbling feels so good, you feel like dipping your whole body in and continue to let the fishes nibble.. Anyway... we completed the session by washing our legs again and some mosturiser was applied on our legs. The skin sure feel smoother and lighter... Do try it!!!

Can't wait to try the full body version in Malacca over the weekend. I am hooked!!!

2 comments:

DOLLEI SEAH said...

Dear Eviangal,

Thank you very much for putting us on your blog. We would like to present you with a little token of appreciation. Please do not hesitate to contact me at dollei@kampongfishtherapy.com.

Hope to hear from you soon

Regards
Dollei

www.kidshaven.sg said...

Writing a blog can be rather rewarding. haha. Besides being able to relive all those wonderful moments, you get recognised for it too.

Update: Kampong Fish Therapy has presented me with a $50 token of appreciation. Yeah! Going to bring Dear there to try out Dr Fish for himself. keke..