Sunday, June 15, 2008

World's Greatest Dad

As a tribute to Father's day today (15 June), I would like to dedicate to my father who had been tirelessly and unconditionally providing for me for the past 25 years. A man of few words most of the time, he is a remarkable man. He does not say much when young but he silently does stuff to contribute to the family. Despite being married, my father had continued to assist me in all my needs all this time.


From young, my father had been working hard to provide for the family. As I grow older and prepare for wedding, my father helped me with my house hunting process. He actually went from 1 unit to another to helped me rackey the different units situation and reported to me which unit is better for consideration in terms of view, environment, etc. Okay.. house finally selected, dad actually went to my house several times a week to monitor the house's renovation works and helped me with several renovation stuff. He helped me with the house wiring, etc. Without him, my house could not have been completed so beautifully and yet within our shoes's string budget. On many occasions, I had tried offering to compenstate him for the efforts or materials, he had kindly rejected the offer.

Even till today, as I signed up for my Starhub Broadband, dad had offered to redeem his starhub points for a new voice enabled modem so that I could save $100 over dollars. My dad consistent selfless acts have gained respect from my friends, husband and most especially me!! I am so glad and fortunate to have such a great father in my life. I dont think anyone else can offer such selfless sacrifice as my father. Even till today, I had always consulted him on things that I am unsure of. He seems so knowledgeable in everything. From electronics to travel, etc.

Dad, You are really the Greatest Father I have ever known. I really thank you for your consistent selfless and unconditional love. Happy Father's Day!!! I am sure Jeremy thinks the same way too. We both love you and are really happy God bestowed you as our father. You are one the greatest gift on earth. The other greatest gifts to me are Mummy, Jeremy and my lovely husband, Leo.

No comments: