Sunday, June 15, 2008

Buffet Fears

Celebrated my Grandma's 78th birthday yesterday at Sakuara, Tampines Safra branch. There are lots and lots of varieties and delectable food. Despite the buffet spread, the place was a mess. Screaming children, crowds, uncleared table. Certainly not a place you would go for if you are seeking for ambience. At a price of $24++ per person, one could savour different types of food varieties at one go.

There was a wide range of sushi selection, grills, dim sum, local delights, desserts, etc. I kept on gorging myself with food. Taking a little of everything, having a bite or two and off I went for another item. Leo was soo... fed up with my eating style, he said: "You are wasting food you know?!! Look at the amount of food you have wasted!!"... But.. but... I want to try everything.. yet I can only eat so much.... Haha.. he ended up clearing quite alot of my "wastage" for me.. To make matters worse.. he doesnt seem to know my dislike for raw food. He got a whole plateful of sushi selection, but none of them touched by me. Reason: They are all raw... Sighz.. boyfriend + husband = 7 to 8 years and still... he doesnt know my food preference...



Anyway.. the day ended with us all stuffed and still singing the birthday song and cutting the birthday cake. I avoided the cake at all cost.. I am too stuffed to add on anymore food to my platter. This birthday party has also make me realised how distant I am from my cousins. We used to play anything under the sun. But at the party, there were few words of exchange. Most of them seemed to be in their own cliches and family.

After the food galore and stuff, I suffered from nightmares of flying cockcroach and an unknown fly attack throughout the night. In addition, I suffered from stomach discomfort this morning. This resulted in me being unable to fight for the first 50th position of getting a digital camera from my sign up with Starhub for broadband services at the computer fair. Woke up at 9.00am and after all the suffering and stuff, only managed to reach at 10.50am.. too late to vvy for a digital camera with the rest of the kiasu Singaporeans who probably took the queue since 8.00am.. Sighz.. failed to be a kiasu Singaporean.

No comments: