Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ice Skating @ Kallang

Went Ice Skating at the newly furbished Kallang Leisure Park on Saturday with my gal frens.. Winy, Jeral and Puifong. Apparently, it was supposed to be Win'y colleague Wendy. However, as she couldnt make it, Winy replaced Wendy with Puifong instead and kept it from us. When i first saw Puifong, I was wondering, "How come Wendy looks so much like Puifong"... haha... And the best part was she went to hide herself and pop out in front of us all of a sudden, trying to give us a surprise... DUh...

Anyway, the event was organised by my company, so the whole place was booked and each staff are able to bring up to 4 guests in for free.. Yeah.. free... I like it!!! We were there early, so not much people around. We got into our gears and went to the ice skating ground.


All of us are first timers except me. But I am a lousy skater... and the last time I skated was like... hmmm... I was sixteen then... Oh my Gosh.. that was almost 10 years ago!!!! Sob.. Sob.. I am getting older now.... Yah.. so I have to train up my rusty skills again... Jeral and I held tightly to the side of the ice skating rinks like crazy... We were so afraid of falling down...


Winy and Puifong are a talent.. They got accustomed to the ice skating feeling so fast. In no time, Puifong and Winy were already skating in the centre of the rink with no problems at all.. How Jeral and I envy them as we clumbsily skate our way at the side most of the time. After some time, I managed to gain back my skating momenteum.. and Jeral?? Well... she managed to steady herself better after a few falls.. haha...
Teacher Puifong managed to help Jeral regain her skating confidence and (I dont know how she do it...) encouraged Jeral to move out to the centre of the ice skating rink... Ahh.... finally we are all able to skate (After 1 hour of struggle....).

And just when we thought that the 2 ice skating "professionals" are good at ice skating (despite it being their first attempt).... Winy fell... And if that is not bad enough, she actually "tuo puifong xia bing" (in English means pull Puifong down to the ice as well... She make Puifong fall too lah...)



As for me... I was just trying to keep my balance most of the time in the ice skating rink. Lucky me... I managed to maintain a "zero fall" record... At the expense of skating like a penguin. =p



More Cam-whoring pictures taken at the ice skating rink...

Taken as a group



Taken with Winy



The Threesome

Marilyn Monroe Wana Be

No comments: